|EQ||Equity Shares Regular, Rolling Settlement, Intraday allowed|
|BE||Equity Shares excluded from EQ series and traded as Trade for Trade settlement, No intraday allowed, only delivery trades to take place|
|BT||Limited Physical Market, physical shares < 500, Odd lot market, for securities which are compulsory to be dematerialized, Trade for Trade Settlement|
|BL||Block Trading, Trading of EQ series shares in large quantity, min 5 lakh shares or min 5 crore rupees|
|IL||Inter Foreign Institutional Investors (inter FII) meant for only securities in which maximum FII ceiling limit is reached, limit usually ranges from 18% to 28%, Rolling Settlement, pre-arranged buyer and seller|
|IQ||Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFI) meant only for securities which are in caution list of foreign investment where FII limit > 8% of equity capital and up to the ceiling limit, Rolling Settlement, pre-arranged buyer and seller|
|MF||Mutual Funds which are listed in the exchange|
|DR||Indian Depository Receipts, Rolling Settlement|
|DE||Indian Depository Receipts, Trade for Trade Settlement|
|ME, DL, DT, BZ, IT|
|E||Partly paid equity shares, Rolling Settlement|
|X||Partly paid equity shares, Trade for Settlement|
|P||Non-convertible preference shares, Rolling Settlement|
|O||Non-convertible preference shares, Trade for Trade Settlement|
|Q||Fully convertible preference shares, Rolling Settlement|
|F||Fully convertible preference shares, Trade for Trade Settlement|
|N, Y||Non-convertible debt instruments, Rolling settlement|
|U, M||Non-convertible debt instruments, Trade for Trade settlement|
|D||Fully convertible debt instruments, Rolling Settlement|
|S||Fully convertible debt instruments, Trade for Trade Settlement|
|W||Convertible warrants, Rolling settlement|
|K||Convertible warrants, Trade for Trade settlement|
BSE categorises the Equity segment into 'A', 'B', 'T' & 'Z' categories where:
- A group contains the list of the most popular stocks. Stocks that are actively traded.
- Z group consists of Equity stocks that are blacklisted for not following Exchange rules & regulations or has pending investor complaints or any such reason.
- T group consists of stocks that form part of the Trade to trade segment. Trade for Trade segment is a segment on which no intraday trading is allowed. All trades result in delivery.
- B category includes stocks that don't form part of any of the above Equity groups.
Additionally BSE also has the F group which denotes the Debt market segment.
- M/MT group consist of stocks forming part of BSE's SME (Small & Medium enterprise)
- G group consists of Government securities available for retail investors.
- I group consists of Interest rate underlying.
- E group consisting of Exchange Traded Funds